Breakfast was the perfect combo of sweet , crunchy, and savory: overnight oatmeal with almond/Kashi topping and an egg substitute omelet:
Overnight Oatmeal Base:
– 1/3 cup multigrain cereal (I usually use plain oats but I was out)
– 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
– 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal
Mix base ingredients and refrigerate overnight. Add desired toppings immediately before serving.
Today I added the following toppings:
– 1/2 oz raw sliced almonds
– 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax cereal
…the perfect amount of crunch and sweetness!
Nutrition Stats: ~ 320 calories, 14 g fat, 34 g carb, 12 g fiber, 14 g protein
Cheesy Egg Substitute Omelet:
– 1/2 cup Kirkland egg substitute
– 2 Tbsp reduced fat colby jack cheese
Heat skillet on medium heat; coat with non-stick cooking spray.
Add egg substitute and flip once it begins to bubble.
Plate omelet, sprinkle cheese on one side, and fold in half.
I added a sprinkle of sea salt today.
Nutrition Stats: ~100 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g carb, 16 g protein
And of course, Sunday brunch isn’t complete without coffee:
I used Guatemalan Green Mountain Coffee and a splash of Silk Light Vanilla Soymilk with 1 tsp of raw cane sugar.