– Creamy Low Fat Cole Slaw: still working on those leftovers 🙂
– Turkey Sandwich: 2 oz fresh turkey breast, 1/2 small avocado and TJ’s fire roasted red peppers on TJ’s low calorie wheat bread
I planned on eating the apple too, but I was full after the sandwich and cole slaw.
I had 1 Tbsp of freshly ground almond butter on TJ’s low calorie bread around 3:30pm. Luckily, I checked my Outlook calendar while I was enjoying this; otherwise, I would have forgotten about a board meeting for the Charlotte Dietetic Association tonight! I’ve been the program planner for the past two years; tonight was our transition meeting to help the new board members learn the ropes. Being on the board has helped with networking, but I’m happy to be passing the torch.
I rushed home after work to change out of my scrubs and inhaled some 2% cottage cheese and blueberries so I wouldn’t be starving at the meeting.
The meeting was at The Tavern on Park. It’s close to my house, but I hadn’t checked it out until now. I’m still adjusting to taking pictures of everything and didn’t want the whole group to ask what I was doing, so I left the camera at home. Words will have to suffice tonight:
We had a variety of appetizers:
– Spinach Artichoke Flatbread: I had two small triangles and they were obviously topped with spinach and artichoke…and feta! Awesome!
– Tomato Bruschetta with Balsamic Reduction: I only had one of these, too much raw onion for my taste.
– Mezza Platter (hummus, olive tapenade, and sun-dried tomato pesto): I had about 2 Tbsp of hummus (awesome), 1 of the pesto (super sweet in a good way), and 1/2 Tbsp of the tapenade (too salty) on 2 pita wedges
– Antipasto: I had 2 spears of asparagus, one sun-dried tomato, and 1/2 oz or so of fresh mozarrella
– Mixed Greens: 2 cups or so with a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
There was also fresh garlic bread, but I passed since I already had pita wedges and knew we were having dessert. Our incoming president brought a cake (I think it was from Harris Teeter because I recognize the bow) – it was vanilla and chocolate swirl with white icing. I scraped most of the icing off and ate the inside – decent, but nothing special. I’m more excited about the dark chocolate Ghirardelli taped to our “parting” gift (a salad container!) – both of which I will be eating/using for lunch tomorrow.