Well, I know I promised I would be back after the vacation, but there’s been a kink in my plans. After a long discussion with Jim on Sunday, I have decided to take a hiatus from my blog. My marriage has suffered because my days revolve around work, working out, and blogging. All my free time is spent online, and Jim & I have been growing apart. If I’m being brutally honest about it, we were growing apart before I started blogging. I can’t ignore the issues anymore though; our marriage won’t survive if I do. We have agreed that we need to spend more quality time together after work – which means actually talking ( i.e. me sitting in the kitchen blogging and him in the den surfing the Inside Carolina forums isn’t allowed). I may be back periodically, but don’t expect any major posts for quite some time. Thanks for understanding and for all the positive support.
In case you haven’t figured it out already, I’ve decided to take some time away from blogging…
I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Windsor, NC for some well-deserved R & R…and no Internet for over a week! Jim and I plan on doing some fishing at the farm house pond, along with two day trips to the Outer Banks. I plan on returning refreshed and renewed the following Saturday or Sunday, so expect an update with vacation pictures then.
Thanks to each of you who read my little blog – just don’t forget about me while I’m gone! 🙂
And just for fun – here’s a picture my mother emailed me of the sunflower in her back yard…
I’m finding myself pulling away from blogging because my mind is on overdrive. A lot has happened in the past two or three days:
1) I officially registered for the Virginia Beach Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon – scary…signing up makes it real now.
2) The husband and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary – I can’t believe it’s been that long already!
3) I’m in the midst of reading “The Blessing” for my Companions in Christ group – it’s all about how not receiving your parent’s blessing affects your other relationships, a touchy subject for me.
4) I will be leaving the real world for a week as of Saturday – we’re vacationing to Jim’s family’s farm house in the middle of nowhere. Seriously, no Internet…just hiking and fishing. It will be great to have some real down time though.
5) I just had an intense therapy session (I won’t go into details on that one….let’s just say I have a lot on my mind)
With all this going on, blogging my meals wasn’t at the top of my list. I’m debating if I should just take a break until after I get back from vacation since I can’t access the internet that entire week anyways.
Do any of you seasoned bloggers ever feel burned out? If so, how do you deal with the “blogging blah’s”?